Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stirring

Wow! That was a long nap. The last time I wrote, I was going into rehearsals for Noises Off. It closed 3 days ago. It's amazing how much creative energy goes into directing a play, even when it doesn't take up all of one's time.

It was a great success. I'm thrilled at how it all turned out. I was, of course, privileged to work with a great cast and it always helps to have a flawless script. The journey: tumultuous. A story in itself. It's a miracle the play got on its feet, let alone turned out so well.

We leave on a 6.5 week adventure next Wednesday (8 days). Before then I would like to complete a full draft of Tooth Sized Holes. I know. I have touched the script since I last wrote to you, but only just that. 11 pages. That's all I have to do and it will be done. Then I can start research on my next play. I don't know what the central conflict is going to be, but I am curious about the central question: What is the impact of a teacher on a student's success, really? I often wonder with students who end up being successful in one field or another, and who attribute their success to a certain teacher (and let's face it, lots of teachers like to claim a student's success as being somehow related to their influence) would actually have ended up in the same place anyhow.

I'll start putting out calls for stories on this as soon as I get this bleeding Tooth Sized Holes draft done.

Cheers for now. Here's a link to a little blurb on our production of Noises Off:http://www.e-know.ca/arts-entertainment/noises-off-a-madcap-good-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment