Monday, January 17, 2011

Play Reading!

On Wednesday, January 26 at 7:30 pm at the Stage Door (here in Cranbrook), I am hosting a reading for a new play. Of mine. It's called THE MIMIC'S RIDDLE, and it's about a family that moves from the Ireland countryside into Dublin in order to try and secure some kind of fortune. Oh, and it's a period piece, set in 1750.

I'm in my 4th or so draft. I ned to get it in front of an audience to see what's working. I'm not finished this draft and I'm wondering if I can get it done by the deadline (this upcoming Friday, so I can rehearse with the cast). I'm excited, but freaked out. This could go really badly. On the other hand, I think I'd rather have something go badly than not do anything at all, so let's raise a glass to prospective failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment