Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weighing in on Spiderman

First, an update: My play reading went well. Not great, but it was fine. I'm hoping to make the final changes on the rewrite today, and then call it a day on this one - send it away to some places. It has maybe one more rewrite in it, but that would be it.

Okay, to the main event now. Everyone else is doing it, and I'm not too proud to admit that I've been sucked into the latest theatrical vortex that seems to have captured the world's attention: Spiderman. After reading this:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/theatre/article/940190--troubled-spider-man-musical-hires-new-writer, I am finally at the official head-shaking, judging stage. No, I haven't seen it, but I respect many of the top tier theatre critics who have, and I can't see myself disagreeing with them if I were $140 poorer.

OI-VAY! Are you kidding me? 65 million dollars, 1 million dollars a week to produce, 4 major cast injuries and almost 3 months of previews, and they're NOW hiring a writer to help with script damage control? Idiots. And I'm sorry, but people who go to it are idiots, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment