Friday, March 11, 2011

Something New . . .

I'm between projects right now. I've got THE MIMIC'S RIDDLE to an almost-complete stage and another play (currently titled SPECIAL LITTLE DIAMOND, about the Golden Age of Hollywood) is at the first-draft stage. I should really work on DIAMOND, but it's been a long time since I've worked anything new. I want to spend Spring Break working on a new project.

I've long had an idea for a play (currently titled SCAPEDOG), about a seemingly perfect family whose imperfections are exposed when they get a dog for the first time. I have some of the outline worked out, but it's looking pretty shallow at the moment.

I have another idea for a play (no title yet) about the education system. I don't exactly know which aspects it will focus on yet, but I think that would be something people would come out to see. I mean, everyone's got an opinion on that one, right? (The answer is yes, they totally do, I hear about it all the time.)

So, over Spring Break, I'm hoping to write outlines for SCAPEDOG and the school play (Hey, that might be a good title: THE SCHOOL PLAY!), and perhaps tweak a little bit on MIMIC'S RIDDLE. I'll let you know how far I get with all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment